What is Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is a holistic, non-surgical beauty treatment that stimulates your own healing systems. Dating back to the Song Dynasty (960-1279) in China, it’s a gentle and safe way to combat the signs of aging. The treatment is a great option for anyone looking for a youthful healthy glow because it reduces signs of aging in an affordable, safe and effective way. Plus, the procedure doesn’t use any toxic chemicals and requires zero recovery time.
What to Expect:
First, thin acupuncture needles are placed on the outside of you ear to induce relaxation. You’ll experience a sense of well being as a flood of endorphins release through your body. Once you are in a state of deep relaxation, extremely tiny needles are placed on the face in acupuncture points as well as on wrinkles.
This article is sponsored by Points of Wellness Acupuncture
Next, a Biophotos light panel goes over your face to accelerate the treatment. The procedure ends with a gentle (non-marking) cupping and facial gua sha massage with organic nourishing oil.This helps balance the skin. Patients love the calming experience that continues long after their treatment has ended!
Your acupuncturist will likely share dietary and lifestyle recommendations to help you continue your wellness journey. You may also learn techniques such as facial gua sha or how to use a derma roller.
Benefits of Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation Treatments
A healing facial rejuvenation treatment can erase years from your face without the risk or downtime of surgery or injections. A full plan usually consists of 8-10 sessions, with the effects becoming most noticeable on or about the seventh session. Most acupuncturists recommend maintenance treatments every 4-6 weeks for lasting results.
Chinese medicine is based on the principle that health manifests from the inside out. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture promotes overall health and well being, better sleep and improved digestion. It’s also an effective treatment for TMJ, headaches, neck strain and sinusitis. Other benefits include:
- Lifts sagging eyelids while reducing bags/circles
- Erases fine lines and diminishes deep wrinkles
- Eliminates puffiness by improving metabolism and eliminating excess fluids
- Firms jowls and minimizes double chin
- Improves muscle tone and increases collagen production
- Improves hormonal balance including help with acne
- Increases circulation of lymphatic system which helps to detoxify the face and neck
- Nourishes skin by providing increased blood flow to the face
- Moisturizes the skin and tighten pores
- Significantly reduces the appearance of scars and age spots
- Slows the aging process from within
- Reduces stress evident in the face
Isabelle Davidowitz is a Licensed Acupuncturist. She has advanced training and certification in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, Facial Gua Sha and Jade stone massage. Isabelle practices at Points of Wellness Acupuncture in Braddock Heights, MD. For more information or to book an appointment, contact 301-965-0125 or email Isabelle@pointsofwellnessacu.