It’s shorts season! Yay!! Get your legs ready for summer with this DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub, which will leave your skin feeling silky and smelling like calming lavender all day! Plus, our lavender sugar scrub recipe also makes for an excellent DIY gift to friends and family, or a great party favor for bridal or baby showers. Let us know how yours turns out!
Yields: 4oz homemade lavender sugar scrub
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (you can use up to 1/2 cup if you want your scrub to have a more coarse, sand-like texture)
- 1/4 teaspoon organic lavender essential oil (about 25 drops)
- 2,400 IU soft gels of 100% Vitamin E (optional)
- Dried Lavender (optional…if you like seeing the dried pieces of lavender in your scrub, as shown above, just sprinkle and mix a few pieces in)
- Container (more info below)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. (we do not recommend heating the coconut oil because it will dissolve the sugar.)
- Spoon into your storage container.
- That’s it, you’re done and ready to use! (seriously, how easy was THAT!?)
How to Use:
- On your face – Use at the sink or in the shower. Massage in circular motion for 30 seconds. Rinse and pat dry. The oil will absorb immediately. (we recommend trying to stay away from your hairline or the oil can make your hair a bit greasy)
- On your hands – Massage into your hands and fingernails for 30 seconds. Rinse and pat dry.
- On your legs and feet – Massage into your legs and feet while in the bath or sitting on the side of the bathtub. Rinse and pat dry. (We don’t recommend using on your feet in the shower because the coconut oil becomes slippery and you could risk slipping or falling)
How to Store:
- Glass Jars
- Plastic Tubs
- Plastic Travel Bottles
Check out some of our favorite bath products in our Winter 2015-16 print issue!