December 20, 2016
DIY HOLIDAY GIFT WRAPPING
It’s that time of year—holiday shopping madness is well under way! As you’re shopping for the perfect sassy gifts for your family, friends, and loved ones, remember, presentation is everything! Here are some festively creative, sure-to-stand-out (not to mention a few easy upcycleable) gift-wrap ideas we’ve compiled to inspire you!
1. Bring the Outside In: Just add a splash of the outdoors by clipping a piece of pine, holly, or even rosemary and affixing it to the front of your gift. This idea works great with plain wrappings such as kraft paper from the hardware store, or plain white butcher paper. For more inspiration check out: White Gift Wrap
2. Chalkboard Wrap: Grab some plain black paper at the craft store and a piece of chalk or a chalk marker (for the less messy option!), and start scribbling away. Decorate your packages with names, festive sayings or holiday doodles.
3. Wrap it Up: Have a bunch of old sweaters laying around (if not, just make a quick trip to Goodwill) and turn those suckers into festive wrappings. Sweater wraps work great on wine bottles and packages too. Add a simple bow and you’ve got a truly warm and unique gift! For more inspiration check out: Sweater Wraps
4. Photograph It: Who needs labels, anyway? Simply add a photo of the recipient to the front of the gift and you’ve got a great, personal gift already. Black and white photos against kraft paper will give a nice rustic look, but color photos will work great too!
5. Use the Scraps: Have some end-of-the-roll scraps? Go ahead and use those too! Simply wrap remnant scraps around kraft or white paper and you’ve got a great, fun, pop of color. You can even use remnant scraps of fabric from old clothes, tea towels or bags! For more inspiration check out: Remnant Wrap Paper
6. Black, White and Read All Over: Old black and white newspapers, or even old vintage books, make great wrapping paper! Add a dash of green or red, plus a nametag, and you’ve got a quick, festive gift! For more inspiration check out: Red News Paper